- Call 911
Eliot Emergency Sevices operates a 24/7 mobile service for psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, stabilization & follow-up for children, adults, and elders in psychiatric distress. Call 1-800-988-1111.
- MA Substance Abuse Helpline or call 1-800-327-5050
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) (press 1 for veterans, 2 for Spanish)
Crisis Texting Line (CTL), TEXT “START” TO 741-741, CTL serves young people in any type of crisis, providing them access to free, 24/7, emotional support and information via text. The specialist helps the teen stay safe and healthy with effective, secure counseling and referrals through text message.
In-Patient Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
Some units may not have adolescent beds, please ask when calling or work with your primary care provider or counselor to access detox or in-patient behavioral health resources.
- Children’s Hospital Adolescent Substance Abuse Program-617.355.2727
- Whidden Hospital-Everett, 617.591.4227
- McLean Hospital-Belmont, 617.855.2000
- Bournewood-Brookline, 800.468.4358
- Baldpate- Georgetown, 978.352.2131 (requires crisis team evaluation prior to admission)
- Adcare Health System- 1.800.ALCOHOL
Outpatient Counseling (local area)
- Riverside Outpatient Center (mental health counseling services)- Wakefield, 781.246.2010
- Hallmark Health (Community Counseling Services) Melrose/Medford/Malden, 781.979.3315
- Arbour Counseling- Woburn/Malden, 781.322.1503
- Lahey Health Behavioral Services- 978.968.1700
- South Bay Mental Health- Malden/N. Reading locations, 978.542.1951
- Psychological Care Associates- Stoneham 781.646.0500
- Riverway Counseling Associates- Medford, 781.395.1560
- Counseling Services of Greater Boston, Wakefield, 781.916.9591 ext. 102
- CASPAR- Somerville, 617.628.3850
- Team Coordinating Agency, Inc.- Wilmington, 978.694.9997
- Right-Turn-Watertown, MA, 781.646.3800 (including adolescent assessments)
MASH's mission is to create, evaluate and improve standards and measures of quality for all levels of Sober Homes. MASH provides a forum for exchanging ideas to include developing uniformity of nomenclature for our field, problem solving and advocacy. We assist existing regional associations in their growth, and foster the development of Sober Homes where none exist. MASH is the regional resource for Sober Homes providers seeking standards, protocols for ethical practice, training, and State of the art information pertaining to residential recovery operationsA Solution for Sobriety" for Adult Men in Recovery, located in Wakefield.
Local Support Groups
- AiR (Allies in Recovery) is an online-learning platform for families whose loved one struggles with drugs or alcohol. We provide community, personalized guidance, and a scientifically-proven program to give you the skill-set you’ll need to help your loved one. http://alliesinrecovery.net/
Families Anonymous- Medford, 800.736.9805
Learn to Cope- For parents and family in Massachusetts who have a loved one suffering from a substance use disorder.
Parents Helping Parents, Parents Anonymous, and Parental Stress Line- 800.632.8188
Alicia's Angels is a group for all families who have lost their children due to substance abuse. Group meets in Reading (2nd Mon. and last Thurs. of every month) at St. Agnes Church. Registration is required, please contact Mary DeMarco at AliciasAngels@comcast.net
AA Young People Meetings- Meetings at St. Charles in Woburn (Sat-12 noon) and First Baptist in Stoneham (Fri.-8pm)
- Nicotine Anonymous Meeting