RCASA (Reading Coalition Against Substance Abuse) and SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) are focused on preventing substance use disorders and empowering youth to become advocates for change.
Meetings & training will be held on early release days @ RMHS (Mrs. Hopkinson’s classroom in the 2nd floor of the fieldhouse)
- Wed Dec 5th from 1-2:30pm
- Wed Jan 9 from 1-2:30pm
- Wed Feb 13th from 1-2:30pm
- Wed March 27 from 1-2:30 pm
- Wed May 8th from 1-2:30 pm
- Wed June 5th from 1-2:30 pm
1) Attend high school in Reading
2) Substance Free-not currently using nicotine, alcohol or drugs
3) Interested in preventing youth substance misuse
4) Like presenting to large groups or interested in learning how
5) In good academic standing
6) Able to attend training
Overview of Game Change Training for January 25 and 26
Parent Permission Slip below
A crew from RMHS with Mrs. Callahan, Adult Advisor joined hundreds of youth at the Massachusetts Statehouse for the 2017 Kick Butts Day on April 26th.
Kick Butts Day activities highlight tobacco's toll and raise awareness of the tobacco problem. © 2017 Marilyn Humphries — at Massachusetts State House.