Parent Permission Slip below
RCASA (Reading Coalition Against Substance Abuse) and SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) are focused on preventing substance use disorders and empowering youth to become advocates for change.
We are forming a Student-led Outreach Team that will conduct vaping prevention activities at local middle schools in May and June. Six students will be selected by School Resource Officer Lewis & Mrs. McNamara to be part of the team. Training is mandatory for team members from 2:20-3:20 pm on Apr 30th, May 1st, and May 2nd. A signed parent permission slip must be turned in Mrs. McNamara or SRO Lewis on April 30th at the start of training.
Trained Students Leaders and Adult Advisors will conduct their first outreach activity using a game show format on Fri. May 4th for Parker Middle School students at an all school assembly. A permission slip will be provided for Student Leaders to obtain parent and school consent.
1) Attend high school in Reading
2) Substance Free-not currently using nicotine, alcohol or drugs
3) Interested in the topic of VAPING PREVENTION
4) Like presenting to large groups or interested in learning how
5) In good academic standing
6) Able to attend training and middle school event