Good Morning, Reading Public School Community,
We hope all is well and you are having a restful and relaxing weekend with your families. Because of the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida, we wanted to send out to you the Pathways Newsletter early so that you can review the tips and resources that we have provided in addressing this tragedy with children. We hope that you find them helpful. The newsletter contains the following items:
- Parkland, Florida Tragedy: How to Talk to Students About This Sad Event
- 7 Powerful Things Teachers, Parents, and Kids are Doing to Prevent School Shootings
- One Teacher’s Brillant Strategy to Stop Future School Shootings-And It is Not About Guns
- Dr. David Walsh Community Presentation on March 22nd
- Barrows Students Tackle Problem Challenge
- Stepping Stones
- Blazing Trails
This recent tragic event, along with the other school shootings that we have seen over the last several months make us realize how precious life is. During these stressful times, we need to support each other and realize what is important. We truly appreciate the support that we receive from our families and community in educating your children.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.